PUAFER008 – CONFINE SMALL EMERGENCIES IN A FACILITY
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by OCD Training, Assessing & Consulting.
This PUAFER008 – Confine Small Emergencies in a Facility course covers the skills and knowledge to prepare for emergency situations, identifying and assessing an emergency, safely confining emergencies, using initial response equipment and reporting on the facility’s emergency response with an engaging and practical delivery.
If you are an occupant of a facility who is required to have first attack firefighting skills for small emergencies, such as small fires that can be controlled using a fire extinguisher; chemical spills that can be controlled using facility personal protective clothing and equipment and a spill kit; or a vehicle accident where there is no significant injury or damage, then this course is a must for you.
Participants will learn:
- Applying Work, Health & Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) requirements
- Communicating with occupants, emergency personnel and stakeholders
- Complying with facility policies and procedures
- Confining emergencies safely
- Giving and following instructions
- Identifying and acting to avoid or control any associated hazards
- Identifying and assessing an emergency
- Implementing facility emergency response procedures
- Preparing for emergency situations
- Reporting facilities emergency response
- Restowing initial response equipment
- Using initial response equipment
- Utilising risk management processes
Occupants are people attending a facility on a permanent or temporary basis such as an employee, contractor, student or resident, but not a visitor or patient and a facility is a building, structure or workplace that is or may be occupied by people (occupants).
All aspects of this course will be undertaken in accordance with legislative requirements, organisational policies and procedures and accepted safe practices, including those covered in Australian Standard (AS) 3745 and AS 4083 for facilities and occupants utilising experienced trainers with real world experience.
We provide the following methods of course delivery all with a fast certificate turnaround:
Face to Face: 3 hours (minimum) delivery, full face to face course, completely COVID compliant.
Online delivery with face to face Practical Assessment: Self-paced enhanced online learning with a scheduled 30 minute face to face practical assessment, completely COVID compliant.
Access your student handbook here.