RBT Workplace Drug & Alcohol Testing
Training provided by RBT Workplace Testing
Alcohol & Drug abuse by employees can cause expensive problems for businesses including lost productivity, injuries and loss of business confidence. The cost of this in Australian workplaces is estimated at $6 billion per year in lost productivity, with recent research indicating that $2.5 million in working days are lost annually due to drinking and drug use.
In addition to deaths and accidents, absenteeism and loss of productivity, other issues that alcohol and drug abuse can cause include:
- Tardiness/sleeping on the job
- Hangover or withdrawal affecting job performance
- Poor decision making
- Loss of efficiency
- Lower morale of co-workers
- Increased likelihood of having trouble with co-workers/supervisors or tasks
- Preoccupation with obtaining and using substances while at work, interfering with attention and concentration
- Illegal activities at work including selling illicit drugs to other employees
- Higher turnover
- Training of new employees
- Disciplinary procedures
As with any health and safety risk, it becomes everyone’s responsibility. Employees unfit for work due to impairment from alcohol or drugs put themselves and others at risk of harm. In many high-risk jobs such as road/rail transport, maritime, aviation and mining occupations, testing is mandatory and there are many reasons why this is enforced.
RBT Workplace Testing offer a comprehensive workplace testing regime for alcohol and illicit drugs. They can arrange to come to your workplace at your request and perform testing on your workforce as part of your Workplace Drug & Alcohol Policy.
All testers with RBT Workplace Testing are fully trained and accredited professionals in the collection of:
- Breath alcohol samples
- Urine drug testing samples
- Saliva drug testing samples
For more information or to book in your Workplace RBT Drug & Alcohol Testing, get in touch.