PUAFER005 – OPERATE AS PART OF AN EMERGENCY CONTROL ORGANISATION
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by OCD Training, Assessing & Consulting.
This PUAFER005 – Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation course is designed for individuals who are required to implement an emergency response as specified in facility emergency procedures OR specified by a person at a higher level in the emergency control organisation (ECO).
Individuals who undertake this work will be working within the command, control and coordinate structure of the ECO. This includes undertaking pre-emergency planning, taking appropriate actions in an emergency and assisting with post-emergency activities.
This course has been developed to cover a broad range of emergencies and facilities as considered in Australian Standard (AS) 3745 & AS 4083. It applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts with an engaging and practical delivery utilising experienced trainers with real world experience.
Participants in this course will learn how to effectively:
- Apply Work, Health & Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) requirements
- Assist occupants who may require assistance
- Assist with post-emergency response activities
- Comply with legislation, industry standards, codes of practice and regulations
- Contribute to facility emergency planning
- Give clear direction to occupants and visitors
- Implement safe work practies
- Initiate and control initial emergency response
- Respond to emergency signals and warnings
- Take on a leadership role within an emergency control organisation and/or deputy role for other emergency control organisation positions
- Undertake pre-emergency planning
- Use communications systems
- Wear required emergency control organisation identification
We provide the following methods of course delivery all with a fast certificate turnaround:
Face to Face: 4 hours (minimum) delivery, full face to face course, completely COVID compliant.
Online delivery with face to face Practical Assessment: Self-paced enhanced online learning with a scheduled 30 minute face to face practical assessment, completely COVID compliant.
Access your student handbook here.